As the summer sun fills the sky, I thought I'd reflect on a few things that are providing some much-needed inspiration:
- Nutrition School! I started my IIN modules in May and LOVE that I'm learning so much about
- New bike! James got it for me for my big 3-0 and it's hands down the best gift I've ever received! It's so freeing to ride around Boston!
- Music! Started the summer with Radiohead. Got up close and personal for Ani DiFranco at Wanderlust. Going to see Coldplay tonight! Life wouldn't be worth living without live music!
- Technology! I bought an iPad and it's changed my life. The How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman App (developed by Culinate) is amazing and it is already changing the way I approach cooking. Best $9.99 I've ever spent!
- Family! One sister is getting married in September. The other is having a baby boy any day now! My niece's personality is coming out more and more every time I see her. My mother's strength (and her insane veggie gardens) will never cease to amaze me.
- Yoga! It's been tough to stick to a routine, but I spent a weekend in Vermont in June with some of the best friends I could ever ask for. We practiced for 3-6 hours a day for 3 days straight, meditated on the side of a mountain, met amazing yogis from all over, and loved every minute of Wanderlust. Oh, and I met Joel Salatin there!
|I was a little apprehensive about Acro Yoga, but it was so fun!|
|Dancer on a mountain.|
|One Smart Farmer!|
- Rowing. 2 nights a week on the Charles all summer long with the calluses to prove it. :-)
|Boston Skyline from the BU Boathouse|
|Where should I put this thing?|
- Chi Omega. I don't talk about the sorority girl side of my life much, but XO continues to provide inspiration, friendship, and wonderful opportunities to give more of myself. I attended our National Convention in Phoenix and accepted an award for the Greater Boston Alumnae Chapter's success in fundraising for Make-A-Wish through our annual A Pot Full of Wishes! Fundraiser, which I've headed up for the past 3 years. I also snagged the cutest owl apron ever while I was there!
- Making introductions. I love connecting people to people and connecting people to new foods! On a recent trip to Scottsdale, I had dinner with an old family friend who had NEVER eaten tofu! We ordered these delicious lettuce cups stuffed with tofu and she loved them!
I promise to post some new recipes soon and would love to hear from you! Any requests?!