|Lara makes Authentically You! Powersnacks! by hand|
|Packed house for Michael Greger, MD|
|Front Row Seats to Chef AJ's Cooking Demo|
She made a Black Bean soup and a Kale salad. Both were super easy to make and tasted delicious. She has a YouTube Channel full of entertaining video recipes!
|Before and After the Demo, AJ Serenaded Us!|
|She danced around like a crazy person.|
|She preached about eating whole foods while cooking|
|I bought a copy of Chef AJ's Unprocessed after her awesome cooking demo. She signed it!|
Other highlights from the festival include:
- Trying a bite of Cafe Indigo's Carrot Cake
- Buying a super cute T that says "Bacon had a Mom" from herbivoreclothing.com
- Finally trying a slice of Peace o' Pie Gourmet Vegan Pizza
- Finding out how to tare my own containers at Harvest Co-Op when I shop from their bulk bins
- Talking to vegetarian publishers, like the folks at the Vegetarian Resource Group
|The brains behind the Vegetarian Resource Group|
- Not learning about sprouting. This was the low-light of the festival. I remembered the sprouting people being there last year and was excited to learn about sprouting. I really want to start, but the guy who was there this year just wanted to sell his $100 self-watering sprouting contraption and he wasn't conversational or helpful at all. I was so eager to learn, but he just handed me a laminated card about his sprouting machine to read and barely answered any of my questions. Do you sprout? If you have any tips on sprouting, please drop me a line!